How can I help? This should be your thoughts going into a MARKETING event, with always at the back of your mind your goals, and what you have to offer.
- Point number one, no hard sales pitches, start with your story that leads into what you are doing now.
- listen, mostly we formulate a response as a person is talking and have a response ready before they even finish. In some Aboriginal cultures, they listen intently and then pause when they have finished and formulate a response. Take this on-board, shows great respect for the person speaking and allows you to form the best response.
- Figure out their motivation, so you can find a connection
- Find out what you can do for the person, if you can help them with something they are more likely to want to help you out in return.
- Always be positive and interested
- Quality not quantity, you do not have to speak to everyone in the room.
- If someone asks for your help that is more than you are willing to give…you can always say no…..”what a wonderful idea, unfortunately I am unable to help out at this moment in time”.
- Remember, in networking no is never no, its just not this time round.